on the proven Roundhouse Lady Anne chassis and body
- The coal-fired Amy is easy to drive: you can run
without attending coal or water for up to 20-24 minutes (a gas-fired
locomotive runs under similar conditions 20-25 minutes). The
boiler contains all water for a full run. After a run coal and water is
up under steam. The advantages of this coal-firing system are explained
on the SPECIAL
valve for topping up the water is hidden under
- The stainless drop down fire
door has a built-in damper function to control the heat of the coal
fire and hence the steam pressure. For manual locos see details here.
- The Amy can be fitted with pressure telemetry and automated damper. See details here.
- Keeping the fire going
is easy due to a very deep and wide firebox. The stainless
steel ash pan with grate hinges on two pins and can be
- The door of the smoke box is
removable (or in case of a conversion the complete smoke box is
- The cab
lay-out is very neat and leaves ample room for a driver. The water
gauge and blower hand wheel are close
Very neat cab lay-out with
ample room for a driver
- The water level of the boiler is easy to read because of
the long reading glass of the water gauge. Just like in a real loco,
the red-white or black-white background improves readability of
the reading glass even further.
- A black-white background is fitted as standard. Please let us
know should you want a red-white or no background. Take note that -
caused by heat of the boiler - over the years the white tends towards
beige. Spare black-white and red-white backgrounds come with your locomotive/kit.
- Your locomotive/kit comes with a Jacksons Superior bottle. Topping up is three times faster with less effort.
with red, black-white or no background The
Jacksons Superior bottle
- The boiler dome is prepared for a Regner whistle
kit; adding a
whistle is very easy.
- Full Remote Control (regulator, reverser, whistle
AND damper) can be built in with the Amy RC fittings kit and
combo with servos. Receiver, rechargeables and all servos
except for the regulator servo are fully hidden away. The
above shows Amy with full Remote Control.
- The stainless steel laser-cut floor plate with cut-out for
the coal-fired boiler is already prepared for Remote Control.
- All Roundhouse enhancements for
Lady Anne can be used in combination with Amy. A Silver Lady Bonnet
over the safety valve.
- For pictures of locos already built see the PICTURES page. Check out the more INFO page for YouTube videos and pictures of locos in several stages of building.
an impressive locomotive but very easy to operate
(shown without water gauge background)
- Amy can be built with our Amy
Coal-fired Boiler Kit and separately to be purchased Roundhouse kits and parts.
Alternatively you can convert an existing Lady Anne to
coal-firing with our Amy
Coal-fired Boiler Kit (read the related FAQs).
- Amy is pictured with
optional bufferbeam overlays, cylinder
cladding, 2 extra boiler bands and a Silver Lady
bonnet. The boiler bands and the tank fillers can either
be brass polished or painted. The Roundhouse
is available with
- Amy can be built with an open or closed
back panel. Conversions only with closed back panel.
- This is not a "build it in one evening" project. However
with care and patience can build
a coal-fired locomotive to be proud of. All painting is left to the
builder, minimal drilling and cutting is necessary. Only simple tools
are needed. Read the related FAQs.
- The Amy
Coal-fired Boiler Kit comes complete with boiler certificate and step
with closed back panel
Price list RtR
Price list kits
- Amy coal-fired locomotive ready-to-run as pictured, manual
Other Roundhouse colors at no
cost. All Locos come with 12 months warranty, boiler certificate,
and care instructions.
- Whistle: €80.
- Full radio control: €398.
reverser, whistle (if fitted) and damper (!) are radio
Comes with charger and "ever ready" rechargeable batteries for
transmitter, receiver and electrical blower.
- Amy Coal-fired Boiler Kit: €1195 (see parts list).
- The Amy RC fittings kit: €58 (see parts list).
- Price list pressure telemetry with automated damper: here.
- Additional Roundhouse parts see checklist Roundhouse.
- Set of exhaust nozzles (size 0.9, 1.0 and 1.1mm): €7.50. Use these when fitting a Slomo and Telemetry receiver or running light train on layouts with wide curves.
- For a conversion you need the coal-fired boiler kit only. Except when
converting a loco with a Roundhouse exhaust enhancer fitted (see FAQs page), you also need to order a pair of normal exhaust pipes from Roundhouse.
Price list accessories
- A set of firing tools:
stainless steel heavy duty electrical
blower; a close to scale yet easy to use stainless steel
shovel; a stainless steel rake & poker; a tube
- High quality anthracite coal in small grains: 2 Kg for €5. On shows only but needs pre-ordering: 10 kg for €20.
- Extra spare SUPERIOR water top-up bottle (topping up is three times
faster with less effort): €12.
© 2018 Riverdale Locomotives
Some of the many possible liveries
question: check out
our FAQ's and ORDERING pages. Or send us a